The German Language Round Table held the first meeting for 2018 on the 27 February at the Honorary German Consulate. The meeting marked a great start to the New Year with 11 new members joining to support the Round Table’s objective of working collaboratively to aid and promote German language and culture in Western Australia.
Special guest Joanna Jamroz, Head of Educational Service Goethe-Institut, was welcomed to the group on her first visit to the Round Table from the Goethe-Institute Melbourne office.
The meeting provided an opportunity for an exchange of ideas and avenues of support for the strengthening of German language learning in WA.
The main aims of the German Language Round Table are to:
- Match German language resources with the demand from schools and other institutions in Western Australia.
- Support and promote existing and new pathways for German language teaching in Western Australia.
- Advocate for second language learning in Western Australian schools and other institutions.
- Identify and address any barriers to the uptake of German as a second language, and languages other than English in general, in schools and other institutions.
- Support and promote German cultural events in Western AustraliaFor more information on the German Language Round Table see the web page: German Language Round Table